"UWB - a new wireless tech in the future of pro audio" AES New York Convention 2023 Round-up and Slides
Presented at AES New York 2023, "UWB - a wireless tech in the future of pro audio," brought together leading experts in UWB for audio and continues to develop UWB's undeniable potential for both pro and high end consumer audio applications.
Taking stock of developments in UWB since May 23 when he also chaired the UWB-focused workshop "The future of audio/headphone 3.0" at AES Europe, AntennaWare's Jonny McClintock comments,
"While it's fair to describe UWB as being in academic/abstract mode back in May, in NYC there is much more definition and focus to UWB for audio. There has been huge progress in under six months."
As evidence of the progress made, Jonny points to the following:
- A UWB headset by World Elite was demonstrated during the workshop
- The market can also point to the recent launch of the Sonus Faber, Spark-based wireless speaker
- Jackie Green, previously CTO for Alteros joined the panel in New York. While at Alteros, Jackie launched a UWB microphone and brings real-world knowledge in high end, wireless professional applications where UWB has already been used.
- Via AES, a task force has been established to create a low latency interface standard, which will have significant benefits for audio OEM's considering adoption of UWB.
Whether you wish to review what you heard on the day, or missed the workshop and want to get up to speed with developments in UWB for audio, you can download the slides below.
Images from the workshop
Image source: AudioXpress
Represented on the panel were:
- Chair - Jonny McClintock (Audio Codecs)
- Sonical - CosmOS / Operating System for the Ear (Gary Spittle)
- Qorvo - UWB / wireless (Alexis Bizalion)
- Nexonic - Clock Matching (Jackie Green)
- Antennaware - Bodywave / addressing RF issues (Jonny McClintock)
- Lenbrook - End device for the consumer (Torben Sonderskov)
Get up to speed with developments in UWB as a wireless tech in the future of pro audio
Download the slides