Designed for wearables
Our BodyWave™ antenna range is designed with the challenges of wearable wireless communications in mind. Increased radiation efficiency, increased detuning immunity and our unique BodyWave™ propagation, all in a compact package.
A major problem with wireless wearables that we help to solve is the issue of body shadowing. This is when the human body blocks the wireless transmission path, meaning the signal can drop out because the radio waves created by existing antennas are reflected or absorbed by the human body.
BodyWave™ solves this by generating waves that flow efficiently around the body and support a communication link even when the body is blocking the signal.
Compact and powerful
The BodyWave antenna is an On-Ground SMD antenna component optimised for wearable applications. The BodyWave antenna can produce BodyWaves which can help facilitate wireless communications when there is no direct line of sight with both on-body and off-body receivers.
Our BodyWave™ antenna technology is significantly better suited to wearable applications than the existing commercially available general purpose off-the-shelf antennas. BodyWave™ antennas are designed to increase coverage in directions obscured by the human body, with 10 dB – 20 dB increased link budget in those directions when compared to existing commercially available chip and printed antennas.
Enabling the next gen of wearables
The success of AntennaWare™ has been built in partnership with our partners as we deliver solutions for more reliable devices with increasingly consistent performance.
With detrimental Non Line-of-Sight effects reduced, many applications thought previously impossible can now be realised. Thanks to increased range and reliability and 360 degree coverage, many applications in areas involving real time data acquisition and wireless localisation can now be realised.
We’re here for integration, advice and support
Highly regarded for our seamless integration, our proven assesment to deployment process ensures excellent user experience for both product teams and the end-user.
- We support customers with integration and layout recommendations.
- We offer test and measurement characterisation of our customers equipment using our in-house wireless wearable testbeds to help improve their wireless performance.
- We also offer matching network, transmission line, RF circuitry, etc design services for our customers products.
- Designed for use in the 2.45 GHz ISM frequency band, suitable for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ANT+ applications
- Minimal frequency detuning when in close proximity to the human body
- High on-body radiation efficiency
- Minimal keepout area with ability to place components on bottom component layer immediately underneath antenna
- Not reliant on large PCB ground planes or requiring antenna placement on PCB corners, edges, etc
- 50 ohm SMD antenna component