Designed for wearables
Our BodyWave™ antenna range is designed with the challenges of wearable wireless communications in mind. Increased radiation efficiency, increased detuning immunity and our unique BodyWave™ propagation, all in a compact package.
A major problem with wireless wearables that we help to solve is the issue of body shadowing. This is when the human body blocks the wireless transmission path, meaning the signal can drop out because the radio waves created by existing antennas are reflected or absorbed by the human body.
BodyWave™ solves this by generating waves that flow efficiently around the body and support a communication link even when the body is blocking the signal.
Compact and powerful
The BodyWave antenna is a 2.4 GHz [expand as required] On-Ground SMD antenna component optimised for wearable applications. The BodyWave antenna can produce BodyWaves which can help facilitate wireless communications when there is no direct line of sight.
BodyWave™ is significantly better suited to wearable applications than existing commercially available off-the-shelf antennas, BodyWave™ is designed to increase coverage in directions obscured by the human body, with 10 dB – 20 dB increased link budget in those directions when compared to existing commercially available chip antennas.
Feedback around ease of integration, helpfulness of knowledgable AntennaWare team. Feedback around ease of integration, helpfulness of knowledgable AntennaWare team.
- Designed for use in the 2.45 GHz ISM frequency band, suitable for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ANT+ applications
- Minimal frequency detuning when in close proximity to the human body
- High on-body radiation efficiency
- Minimal keepout area with ability to place components on bottom component layer immediately underneath antenna
- Not reliant on large PCB ground planes or requiring antenna placement on PCB corners, edges, etc
- 50 ohm SMD antenna component